Saturday, September 15, 2007

Weird situation

The store shall remain nameless, because I don't want to embarrass anyone yet, but they had agreed to take $T, so I drove out there mid-week to get something fixed.
"No problem; it'll be ready tomorrow".
"Friday will do" I said. "Emmachisit"
Turns out to be $T20, or $cdn15. So much for supporting T$ and treating them at par.

Well, I couldn't make it Friday, so I drove out there today, Saturday. Gas, parking fees etc. What I do to support T$!

Wasn't ready.
Hadn't even been started.
I wanted it back, but no thanks - not the broken glass.
I'll buy a sheet of glass on Brown's Line (more gas etc) and do it myself.
Scratch that business, in a manner of speaking.

But beyond that, how do you feel about businesses placing a surcharge on the use of T$. It's their business, so they can do what they want, right?

But a surcharge hardly seems to in the true spirit of the thing .....

No comments: