Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Another Toronto day, another Toronto Dollar, ...

So back I went to the Junction this mid-morning.

There's Good news and Bad news:

Dropped my frame work off at Latitude 44; they seemed nice. They accept T$, and charge only half what the other store (that didn't get around to doing the work) said, and they (Latitude 44) said it'd be ready in an hour.
Which it was.

The Bad news is that while I was waiting, I dropped by The Other Chris(TM) at the BIA and purchased $T40, treated myself to an excellent flavoured cappuccino at Agora (they also have the absolutely cleanest washrooms in the city), and sauntered down to Pandemonium, where the nice man took about $T50 off me TWICE, because on my way out the store he noticed I'd bought math books, and in showing me the window display airily dismissed two shelves of World War 1 history books (say no more, squire).

Well, the point is that by the time I got back to Latitude 44 I had to pay $T5 and $cdn5, rather than $T10, which sort-of defeated the whole idea of paying for the framing in T$.


Moral of the story: When you are doing business with nice merchants who accept T$, you can never have too many T$. Be warned!

No comments: