Saturday, June 9, 2007

Wooffest


Joy and Josh and I met up at The Main Squeeze; we set out to get T$ into people's hands, and partnered with Mike & Carmen who were running the Main Squeeze booth in Berczy Park.

Was it a success?

From the measurable view of "exchanges made", no; I made four exchanges (1) by blackmailing one of my clients who walked by (2) a lone male who possibly was just glad to have someone to talk with (3) another older fellow who gave me a parting look as if he had been swindled and (4) a couple of young ladies who scraped up $3 between them. I changed a $T5 for five $T1, exchanged three $T1 for their three loonies. They purchased a $3 lemonade and Mike gave them a $T1 as a coupon. Who won in all of that?


From my self-centred point of view is was a great success. We learned what doesn't work too well (a street-fest environment), what not to say to some people. We had Josh along making some documentary moves, and we handed out some of our flyers and maps.

Several people I spoke with knew about T$ but didn't know where to purchase or spend them. I was tempted to distribute my remaining flyers by hand, but decided that they may end up as street litter, so I brought them home.

The photo?
I cut off Josh's head (that's why he is the AV expert, not I), and here he is getting ready to eat a dog at Wooffest!


Next week we will be working outside Main Squeeze in earnest.

No comments: